Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fast Times at Missouri State University

I must admit, the first time I saw social media applications on Missouri State's homepage I was shocked. I thought Missouri State had deemed social media un-scholarly and moved on. That being said, I was happy to be proven wrong. I think Missouri State's move into social media applications was a good one. Additionally, as Missouri State officials decide social media is useful and devote more time and resources into developing applications the more useful it will become.

I thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Mitchell's speech and found it extremely interesting. I also believe that Mr. Mitchell's job is extremely necessary to help Missouri State continue to recruit undergraduate and graduate students. Specifically, I believe the Itunes application is a wonderful recruiting and public relations tool, if officials chose to utilize it completely.

Personally, I would love to have a job similar to Mr. Mitchell's but like Keshia I have reservations based on my media skills. That being said, it has given me another job search term to include in May.

1 comment:

Orlando said...

When I saw MSU was signed on to Facebook, YouTube and other social media applications, I honestly scoffed at the idea -- but I assumed that someone like me was the 'target' of that endeavor. When I realized I wasn't the primary audience, and that they were trying to get incoming students from high school, I started to see the different perspective. It works!!!!